|Rachel Mauro: email@example.com
Library/Archives Experience / Communications/Administrative Experience / Personal Blogs/Social Media / Education / Awards/Senior Obligation
- LAC Group, Library Assistant/Inventory Specialist, June 2013-present
On assignment at the Library of Congress: Inspects library book batches and compares call numbers against the Voyager ILS online catalog, MARC records, and shelf list cards in order to flag critical or important errors for problem resolution and proper inventory. Serves as acting assistant project manager as needed, keeping track of workflows, generating reports, training new staff and attending managerial meetings with LC staff.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Library, Intern, January 2013-June 2013
Processed acquisitions including rare book collection, copy catalogued with some original cataloging instruction, facilitated rehousing of newsletter collection and creation of OPAC record, reference assistance as required
- University of Maryland University College, Student worker, September 2011-June 2013
Worked for library's document management team: Processed book and article requests for patrons in ILLiad software, assisted with interlibrary loans, digital and physical projects for university archives including inventorying and editing metadata of items in ContentDM, other duties as assigned
- Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington, Intern, May 2012-August 2012
Arranged local Jewish Community Centers collection and created finding aid, catalogued scrapbooks in PastPerfect, occasional blogging, editing and administrative duties
- B'nai B'rith Klutznick Museum, Museum assistant, May 2008-November 2008, Summer 2005, Summer 2006
Conducted archival research, catalogued artifacts in Microsoft Excel, assisted in planning the museum's website
Skills and Experience
Communications/ Administrative Experience
OCLC Connexion and ILLiad, Integrated library systems Aleph and Voyager, GIMP, Photoshop, Acrobat 9 Pro, Dreamweaver, SharePoint, Springshare, Social media, WorldShip, PastPerfect, ContentDM, Email marketing services, Google products, PageMaker desktop publishing, Microsoft Office Suite, high proficiency at writing, editing and HTML
Worked with LC Classification, LCSH, MARC records, RDA and AACR2
- Moment Magazine, Freelance copy editor, former intern, May 2010-December 2012
Fact checked and edited new issues. Commandeered digital archiving project for 35-year magazine over the spring and summer of 2010.
- Karabakh Foundation, Temporary programs assistant, January 2011-June 2011
Edited and proofed documents, multimedia production, clerical assistance
- B'nai B'rith International, Editorial assistant, December 2008-April 2010
Managed web and social media sites, edited and proofed documents, wrote for organizational publications, clerical duties as assigned
- Maryland Newsline, Multimedia reporter/editor, August 2007-January 2008
Updated and created web materials, wrote news stories, and shot photos, audio and video for UMDCP Internet newsmagazine
- Jewish Telegraphic Agency, Washington intern, January 2007-June 2007
Wrote daily briefs and articles for wire service, provided research assistance to bureau chief
Personal Blogs / Social Media
Articles have appeared in such publications as B'nai B'rith Magazine, the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, Maryland Newsline, The (Baltimore) Examiner, Prince George's Sentinel, The (Maryland) Gazette, Examiner.com and InterfaithFamily.com.
- JewishDC: What a Jew s to Do in the Greater Washington Area
Weekly coverage of Jewish events in Washington, D.C.
- Chava s Footsteps: The Journey of an Interfaith Jew
Personal commentary on religious and cultural issues
- Active on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, MySpace, Flickr, WordPress, YouTube
- University of Maryland, College of Information Studies, College Park, Md.
Master of Library Science, May 2013
- University of Maryland, Philip Merrill College of Journalism, College Park, Md.
Master of Journalism, December 2007
- Washington College, Chestertown, Md.
Bachelor of Arts, English and Creative Writing, May 2006
- Baltimore Hebrew University, Baltimore.
Intensive Jewish cultural classes, July 2004
- Brandeis Collegiate Institute, Brandeis, Calif.
Jewish enrichment program, June-July 2003